Saturday 14 May 2011

My travels in Europe

After much deliberation I have finally decided to take the plunge and attempt to produce a blog based on a recent trip I undertook to Europe in April 2011. The trip was done via cruise ship and took in ports in Spain, France and Portugal. However, this is not going to be about the ship, which incidentally was Azura, the jewel in P&O's crown, or about what we did on board, what we ate (the food was spectacular though!) etc. My posts are going to be about the places I visited, what I saw, what I heard and how I felt at the time.

Our itinerary included, from the port of Vigo in northwest Spain, the cathedral in Santiago de Compestela, which is said to be the final resting place of St James, this was followed the next day by a visit to the sun drenched capital of Portugal, Lisbon. After a day at sea our next port of call was Bilbao, but be warned we did not disembark that day so you might be lucky and get some musings about the ship and the interesting police presence in dock. Finally en route back home we visited the delightful medieval town of Quimper in Brittany, which was reached from the port of Brest.

I hope you enjoy my recollection of the journey and please excuse my feeble attempts to portray them in the way that I do. I am not a writer (yet!) but I hope that over time I can establish a writing style to call my own. Our first port of call is Vigo. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment