Wednesday 1 June 2011

And Rome has it!!

Those of you who know me will know that I unable to make a decision to save my life, seriously I can't even decide what to have for breakfast in a morning. In view of this and in consideration of my endless dithering I thought it would be best to let you guys decide the destination of my next cruise. You voted in your droves, well 11 of you did,  and I wholeheartedly thank each and everyone of you for doing so, and you have decided that I am to go to Rome. (oh the pain of it!)

Now, I am a lass who is true to her word and so in May 2012 I shall be setting sail from Southampton and embarking on a voyage that takes in the sights of Gibraltar, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Ajaccio, Florence (bonus!!) and Rome.

To describe my excitement as excited is an understatement. I simply cannot wait to disembark and travel through the rolling Italian countryside and head for the Eternal City. It will be such a privilege to see the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain and the Vatican City. I am not a particularly religious person but as a Catholic to visit St Peter's will be a true honour.  After my recent visit to Santiago I know it will be a humbling experience.

The other ports of call are of particular interest to me as well. I am an avid fan of Italian and French history so to be able to pay homage to the Medici's in Florence and Napoleon in Ajaccio is an opportunity I cannot pass up. I have read so much about their lives that to be able to visit their places of origin and walk in their footsteps will be an absolute thrill.

Now all I need to decide is what to pack, all I can say is that is a bloody good job I have a year in which to plan it and I can guarantee that I will be changing my mind right up until to moment of departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment